Monday, October 27, 2014

The End is Near....

It's the end of October... I only have about a month and a half left here in France. It's bizarre! I can't believe that it's almost time for me to go home. The new interns arrived last week, and it's been such a joy having Kate and Cassie here! It's given a bit of a fresh perspective, and a new light on life here. It has become so normal living here, so seeing it through their eyes has been quite refreshing!

I leave for Ireland on Wednesday to learn more about church planting. I'm so excited to be able to experience this, and learn more from the people I'll be working with. I'll be writing a special post next month after I get back to let you know how it all went, and share what I learned!

This month has been a bit of a whirlwind. Since Jenny, our dear friend from Florida, had to go back to the States for a bit, I've been heading up children't ministry, working under Cece. It's been so great! I really love doing lesson planning, and working with the kids. I feel like I've really found something that my heart really enjoys, and I think it's because it's so similar to what the Lord has called me to do with my life. I feel so blessed, and so privileged to work with these children, and I have so much love for each of them. Grayling and Sandra have also arrived (yay!!!) If I haven't mentioned them before here's a little background: They were missionaries in France for twenty-five years, then went back to the States for a while, and Grayling was working on Bethany campus. I was able to meet him and Sandra there, and they've been support raising to come back here. Praise the Lord, they're here! It's so nice to have them here with us, and to be able to hear their perspectives on things here, and hear their hearts for the people here. They are truly a blessing to have around!

Now a little bit of reflection on my time here. I have changed since living here. I've begun to really think about when first arriving and how I am now, and while at the core of myself I am still me, I have been changed by my time here. I have experienced life in such a different way, met some of the most interesting and wonderful people, and had my eyes opened to a totally different culture. My faith has been challenged and tested, the Lord has walked with me through all of it. I have learned more about life, love, sadness, and joy. I have made friends that I will keep for the rest of my life, and met strangers that have changed my view on life in one single moment. My heart is all at once saddened and elated at the prospect of going home. There is no way to really describe this on a deep level to someone who has not experienced this for themselves, but I can try. I love this place, and I love the people here, the ones I've met, and the ones that I've just talked to in passing. I pray that I've been as much of an impact on them as they have been on me.

So here we are. On the edge of a new season. It's scary, but exciting all at the same time. I pray that I will be able too see you all, my supporters, my friends, who have stuck with me through this whole process. I am excited to share, in more detail all of my experience here. I am blessed by your support, by your prayers, by your love. You have been as much part of this as I have. So thank you, and I hope to see you all soon!

Blessings and Love,

Chrissy

No comments:

Post a Comment