Thursday, October 12, 2017

Major Update





Hello all!

Now, I know that I've just done a blog post a couple of weeks ago, but I wanted to update everyone, because I have some exciting news! I have been wanting to share this with you all, but I needed to wait for full approval from both of the organizations that I am working with. So here we go!


Percentage Breakdown

I am VERY close to my goal for leaving, and now I can give some exact numbers for what that looks like! So here is the breakdown: I have about 50% of my monthly budget actually pledged and currently giving. Now this may not seem like a lot, HOWEVER, I have about 28% more of my budget verbally pledged. This means that I have been told by some how much they are planning to give, but they have not begun to give yet. This means that total I have 78% of my monthly budget taken care of (of course, providing that those verbal pledges become physical pledges)!! This is VERY exciting!


How much I Have Left To Raise

So, I've given a percentage breakdown, but what does that mean as far as actual numbers go? Well, this means that I have exactly $453.34 left to raise for my monthly budget. This brings me so close to my goal! broken down, that is 15 people giving $30 a month! This is very exciting news, but it brings me to my next piece of information that is very important, vital, and possibly the whole reason that you've opened this blog post. So here we go!

My Deadline

I now have a deadline. The deadline I have to raise the rest of my monthly support is October 31st. Again, I had to wait until everyone was on the same page before I released this information, which is why I am just posting this now. 

So why the sudden deadline, and why so so soon? Glad you asked! Well, in order for Every Nation Belfast to sponsor my visa there had to be dates when they filled out the paperwork to receive the rights to do so. So when this was done, a while ago, we all figured I would be there by now, so the end of this year was the deadline. Of course, there have been some unforeseen circumstances in this process, and I am still working on raising this last bit of support. The reason that my deadline is the 31st of this month, and not November is because I still need to apply for my visa, and the closer to Christmas you apply, the less likely it will be done in a timely manner. The visa processing usually takes between three and four weeks, and I need to physically be in Belfast before the end of the year.

So what happens if I don't make it by the end of the year? Great Follow Up question! Well, the consequences could be great. ENB could potentially lose the right to sponsor my, or any visa. There could also be potential problems with the government as well. And since I always try to be as honest as I can on here, I have to say this: I would feel so incredibly AWFUL if that happened. 

So...What Can I do?

Well, there are a couple of ways that you could help. First of course, pray about giving. I emphasize: pray. Make sure that this is a move that God is in accordance with you making. Then, if He moves you to do so, decide how much you want to give. You could give as little as $5 a month, or as much as $453.34, it's between you and Him. If you would like to give, look up at those tabs above this post. Look for the one that says Ways to Give (or just, you know, click that link.) and follow the instructions listed on the page. If you would rather give by check, feel free to email (chrissy.charleman@gmail.com) me, and I'd be happy to send you all the info on how to do so!

The other way you can help is PRAY! Prayer is an even more important way that you can help me out, because we know that the power of prayer is one of the greatest things on this earth. Pray for encouragement for Every Nation Belfast, for the church, and the team that I'm joining there. Pray for me, that the Lord would open the doors that need to be opened in order for everything to happen in time. 

Okay... Let's Do This!

So, everyone, here we are. It's crunch time. But, you guys, I'm so excited. I was spending time with the Lord this morning, and He just gave me the most amazing mixture of peace and excitement. I know that He's going to make this happen, I know it with every fiber of my being. I am so excited that I am finally going to be in Belfast before the end of this year! Time has come, and soon, I'll be on the next phase of my journey, and I am so glad you're all along for the ride! I'm so glad you all get to be a part of this journey with me, and I cannot wait to share with you all, not only how God comes through, as a testimony to His faithfulness, but everything that He is doing in Belfast. I cannot wait for you all to come with me as I head to Belfast, and we can all see how God uses us. Because, I really want you to understand this, you are as much a part of this as I am. If you are praying for me, supporting me financially, or through simple encouragements, you are a part of this! You are vital to this whole journey. So get excited! Because we are about to cross the Atlantic, and embark on a whole new, incredible journey! Are you ready? I know I am!

Blessings and Love,

Chrissy


No comments:

Post a Comment